Under a section 278 agreement (or S278) – part of the Highways Act 1980 – developers may enter into a legal agreement with the Local Highway Authority (usually the local authority, but with the Secretary of State for Transport if the road in question is part of the strategic road network) to make alterations or improvements to a public highway, as part of a planning application.
O’Rourke has expertise in this area and will manage this process for you by:
- liaising with the local authority
- arranging permits and noticing
- providing traffic management plans
- delivering added-value advice regarding the engineering of the design
- providing the construction of 278 and adoptable works
By contracting this work to O’Rourke our clients enable their main contractor to focus on the primary building works. The detail and management of the bureaucratic elements of the planning process rest in the hands of proven experts and reduces the potential for complications or delay.